I can never sell anything on ebay

I can't sell anything on ebay. Everything I list doesn't sell. I know I need reviews to be considered a good seller, but if I can't sell anything how can I get feedback? I have tried Limited Too clothes, books and misc. stuff. Nothing, ..Any ideas? I have to do a auction right now til i get more feedback. I usually start out misc. and books at .10 and still no one wants it. I feel so frustrated..Any ideas?Thanks..

homeschoolin432

Asked by homeschoolin432 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Are you possibly over pricing things? Are you comparing the price of your items to similar items on ebay? You are right, it's hard to get people to buy from you without a history of sales but if start out selling cheaper items (under $10) people will start to buy from you. Another thing that might help is you buying some stuff and getting good feedback, that will help buyers trust you more. Also, offering free shipping is a big draw. Good luck!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Description and s/h is probably the two biggest things. Many books don't sell to well on ebay, there is a flood of books on there. If you have a complete series or college textbooks, those do better than most.
    Anonymous

• check the price and description, and if it's something you know someone would want: something people collect, seasonal, high priced item you are selling much cheaper. If you arent doing well on ebay, try craigslist or find a local sale group on yahoo or do a yard sale!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Have you checked to be sure that other similar items are selling better? For example with the books you've tried to sell, have other people been able to sell the exact same book? I would put books oh Half.com anyway. As far as other items are you making sure you have very good pictures, and a title that is going to get as many hits as possible. I sell mostly baby/toddler clothes, and mostly Gymboree. I also buy kids clothes. The best selling clothing auctions have great pictures so that you can really see what you are getting and good titles. For the title put in as many words as you can that people might be searching for and be as descriptive as possible. Also make sure your shipping prices are reasonable or low.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Welcome to the club :0) I am now Blogging happily with a nice little gig with a wonderful team who shares my oncome from home dream :0)

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 2:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Well you said it's hard to sell something without feedback, which is true if you are new and have a feedback of 0-10. You can easily buy 20+ inexpensive things to build up your feedback number.

Also, one of the biggest problems with new sellers having trouble isn't even necessarily the feedback but they tend to write horrible titles and descriptions. I've seen people selling like a Fisher Price Little People Vintage Doll House and the title says "Doll House" and nothing more. So anyone searching for "fisher price vintage" won't even see that listing becuase the seller didn't put any thought or common sense into the title. I've seen people sell wholesale lots of deodorant and instead of having a title like "Wholesale lot of 24 sticks Mens Axe Deodorant" their title is "Deodorant" lol and that's it. It's silly really.

Be as descriptive as possible in the title and description. Like the PP said I sell mostly Baby &...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Kids clothes. If I sell a gymboree dress, I say "Girls Gymboree...the line name....Size 2T EUC" My description will list the details of the outfit, measurements, size, condition, the fact it's from a smoke-free home, my terms and such. And I typically have 2-4 pics of the outfit. It's important to have good lighting and display the outfit professionally, not on a dirty floor, table or carpet. I have a mannequin for adults clothing, kids clothes hangs on a hanger, if I have to put it on my floor I use photobuckets cut out feature to remove everything from the pic except the clothing.

I don't charge any handling fee and I do discounts on additional purchases. I also offer a return policy. You can say "No returns accepted" but if you take paypal you are FORCED to accept returns, so you might as well have a policy stating you do.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When I started out selling on eBay, I read the Seller's forum continually. That is where you will find the most help!!
    Anonymous