Unsupervised Kids in Bathtub

At what age did you/do you plan on leaving your child unsupervised in the bathtub?

Right now my son is only 2, so obviously we're no where near that phase, but I was just wondering for future reference what is typical.

mickstinator

Asked by mickstinator at 1:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is 6, we started letting him bathe alone at 5. but he has to play LOUDLY the entire time! LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I would think , NEVER... I have a 2 year old too and the thought scares me, I guess I never thought of that yet... ugh...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'd say around 5. At around 4, I wouldn't think it necessary to sit there on the toilet or the edge of the tub the entire time. Right now, my daughter is 3 and obsessed with taking showers, so I sit in front of the shower stall while she does her thing.
    Anonymous

• About 4-5..I always make sure I'm close by to hear her playing and splashing and I look in alot..She loves the bath and will play good for 30-45 minutes so I fold laundry or clean my bedroom , it gives me a couple minutes to my self..I still wash and rinse her hair for her..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 1:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My kids started showering at 3 so, they were mostly alone. But, my girls are 11 months apart so they shower together, they are 4 and 5 years old. Before 3 I gave them their baths so, I was in there the whole time.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I trust my 3yo alone in the tub but there are 5 other people besides me in the house so there is always someone near by. She usually takes showers with her 9yo sister anyway (when I try and give her one she throws a fit). Our bath tub is broken so they don't actually take baths any more.
    When my older kids were little I started letting them take baths without me when they were 3, 4 and 5. They usually bathed together. At that point the 4 and 5 year olds could be alone in the tub but the 3yo either had to have an adult watch her or be with her brother and sister because she is very klutzy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010