do you think i can get a week's worth of groceries with..

$94?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would hope so, I could get 2 weeks with that.
    Anonymous

• My family is only of 3, but we definitely could. We spend $60 or so a week on groceries.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 1:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We spend about 250 dollars a month in groceries. So I would say yes. We're a family of three.. almost four ;)
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• can you guys give me some things you buy each week? i like to buy meats and i do but fresh veggies alot. ~OP
    Anonymous

• i spend 200 every two weeks and i feed a fam of four. I buy meats and lots of fresh veggies too! I buy pork chops, hamburger meat, a whole chicken, chicken breast, legs,. and like a pot roast. stuff that i can use as leftovers. i buy fresh broccoli b/c its cheap to me. banana's, can greenbeans, corn on the cob. .... lol i could go on forever
    Anonymous

• I like to buy things to make meals for spaghetti and meatballs, hamburger helper, tacos, kielbasi, itialian chicken (chicken tenderloins cooked in italian dressing), pork chops, canned soups, frozen items for lunch (pizza rolls, chicken nuggets, etc) chips, lunch meat.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• we make trips to 2 or 3 different grocery stores. One week one store will have gallons of milk for $1.50 and another will have a deal on bananas. Also, if you get monthly flyers with great coupons, keep your eye out at banks and other businesses for copies of the mailings and take the coupons out and use them each time you go shopping. Also, never pass up a free with purchase coupon or really cheap canned veggies.
    We buy a lot of fresh veggies but not too much meat (I don't eat meat, my husband does so he is on his own with that). Look for what fruits and veggies are on sale and stock up. Apples last for a few weeks in the fridge as do carrots and other hard fruits/veggies.
    You should be more than able to afford groceries on $94/week. If you factor diapers and formula into this total things may be a little more tight, however.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 1:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• shoot i could get a months plus some for my family with that much.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• when we were living on a very very tight budget i bought all my can and dry goods from dollar general then bought the family pack meats at the grocery store..and i meat basically became a side dish.
    Anonymous

• It is not what you buy, but what you DON"T buy. Don't buy chips or soda. Avoid processed crap and convenience stuff. I spend about $100 a week for a family of 4.

Anonymous