Question about baby car seat

Just wondering what you guys were told. Is it better to have the car seat in the middle of the back seat or on the side? I was told the middle from the instructor but 1 thing that annoys me is you can't use the big mirror b/c there is no where to attach it in the middle.

babyphillips210

Asked by babyphillips210 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• I put my son in the middle. If there wwas a side impact accident, there is more space between your child's carseat and the door. When I was 7 months pregnant with my daughter we got a minivan ONLY because of the fact that there is a gap between the doors and the bucket seats.

I dont know what you mean by the "big mirror" but we had a mirror that we attached to the back of the seat so that we could look in our rearview mirror and see Jaydin's face
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 1:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I out my 1st dd in the middle and now she's 20 months and sits on the driver side while my 2nd dd sits in the middle.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• The middle seat is the safest spot.
    Anonymous

• They told me the middle seat was the best in the back.I couldnt fix my mirror right so since I have a van I put her by the side door on the passenger side.Theres a lot of room between the door and seat.So I dont see why it should hurt.
    kristyvance2007

Answer by kristyvance2007 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• The middle is safest. We have the mirror attached to the back seat - not a headrest - so I can see him. It's not as high as it would be if attached to the headrest, but it does the job. We had to make our own attachment though - it doesn't come with a way to do it.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 2:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2010