how to get him to listen!!!??

My 2 year old is really good at listening to some things, but very reluctant to listen to other things. He is constantly on our countertops, in our refrigerator and in our cabinets. We have tried locks (which he has either destroyed or knows how to open) and repetedley take him off of the countertops and put him in his room. I am at my wits end. This morning he woke up early and pouredout an entire honeybear while my husband and I were asleep. It wasn't a very fun mess to wake up to.
I am expecting our second child in 2 weeks and would like to have one less thing to worry about (namely my 2 year old wreaking havock in our kitchen).
Any advice on how to make my little boy follow the rules is greatley appreciated. Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• is he potty trained? if not,for your own sanity, put an easy eye hook latch on his bedroom door on YOUR side. if he is potty trained you are kinda SOL.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Lock him in his room! Reverse the door knobs to where it locks from the outside, put a baby gate up (or two...one on top of the other), etc.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2010