Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some input..sick toddler.

my 2 1/2 year old vomitted this morning but only stomach acid(as soon as she woke up) and had diarehra(sp) for 2 days but yesterday had normal poop, and ate well yesterday. no fever, she says her tummy hurts then she got sick(vomit) so do you think its just a stomach bug? she has the runs when she passes gas(this morning) . she's napping right now. what foods should i feed her to get her better?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Answers (8)
  • BRAT diet
    Banana
    rice
    applesauce
    toast

    do NOT give her juice
    peanutsmommy1

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • could be a bug! I recently had the same symptoms, but the pain was contracting so bad i went to the ER fearing something was about to rupture. They did an ultrasound, and even a CT Scan! Ends up it is a really bad intestinal infection and I am taking antibiotics and feeling a bit better today. Foods to avoid are anything greasy and spicy, you want to offer foods that are easy to digest and easy on the tummy, like apple sauce, chicken soup, gatorade/water...I hope she feels better!
    Owl_Feather

    Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • what about pedialyte? good idea?what about the pedialyte freeze pops?~op
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • yes! pedialyte is the tot version of gatorade!
    Owl_Feather

    Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • i've heard, that if you burn toast and have your LO eat it, that it'll cause the runs to stop..just what i've heard, i've never tried it..i would do pedialite to keep her hydrated, and nothing too strong or anything like that...give her tiny tiny amounts every hour or so, maybe try to trick her stomach into thinking there is nothing on it. at least do that with the pedialite,..anything that, if it comes up, comes up easily.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • My son just got over this himself. We were told to give liquids in 2 or 3 ounces at a time for 24 to 48 hours, and then after that start to introduce solids. We started with crackers and a bit of chicken noodle soup, and then went from there. The doc said it was ok for us to use Gatorade so we used the G2 since it's lower in calories and sugar. It lasted about 3 days in total with my son. I hope your little girl feels better soon, it's no fun seeing them sick.
    Joelygirl

    Answer by Joelygirl at 2:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • this is what happened to my dd the other day. i called my after hours nurse and she said give dd 1/2 oz of water every 5 minutes for 4 hours, then 1 oz every 5 minutes for 4 more hours. after that (provided there is no more vomitting) you can feed mashed potatoes, popcicles, flat clear soda (sprite, 7up, sierra mist), and then the next day bland foods with fiber. then if there is still no vomitting, you can go back to normal.
    mrsjosey1018200

    Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 2:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

  • DRy toast.plain rice and juice
    annie610

    Answer by annie610 at 8:29 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN