Do you honestly believe that children raised by gay parents are going to grow up to be deviants?

Let me just make it clear, that this is not my idea. I read an essay about this in English 101 and politicians are arguing that children raised by gay parents are more likely to grow up to be delinquents or gay themselves. What I want to know is, how the hell do you explain those children who were raised "traditionally" who are gay? My aunt and uncle were raised by pretty strict parents. Both my grand parents were christians and went to church religiously, but both my aunt and my uncle are gay. Also my uncle has been a delinquent all his life. He got into drugs as an adult and even prostituted himself for a while. So if being raised by gay parents means the child will grow to be delinquen how do you explain children raised by a heterosexual couple that grow up to be delinquent and gay as well? Hmmmmm?

Honestly I don't think it makes a fucking bit a different how a child is raised. cont'd.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think they could be confused.
    Anonymous

• there is absolutely NO corelation between kids being delinquents or gay themselves and thier parents being in a gay marriage/partnership. so no i dont believe this malarky
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• At one point or another, the child will have the ability to make their own decisions and recognize who or what they are at an early age. My uncle knew at an early age that he was gay. I don't know about my aunt because she had a boyfriend when I was little, but she suddenly went to women. So that I don't know. But what i'm saying is, it's not who raises you or how many people, it's the choices you make for yourself. I don't think being gay is a choice, some are just born that way. But I think doing drugs and breaking laws is a choice and at the point you can't really blame the parents you can blame society.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I think it is bull. Gay couples have to put alot more thought and investment (both emotional and money) into having a family. It's alot harder for them than it is straight couples, and they (most of the time) are alot more prepared for it also.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 1:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I think those that are ignorant enought to buy into that bullshit are the worst parents of all. I'm happy to see a loving gay couple raise kids, way more preferable to bringing up your child with hate and ignorance.
    Anonymous

• Umm...then where did gay people come from? Someone had them didn't they?
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I do believe children growing up with gay parents are more likely to be open to homosexuality. They will be more likely to try themselves because its openly accepted in their household and its a norm for them.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• That is a bunch of bs, uneducated comments about something they know nothing about, no facts to back it up either.

Answer by older at 1:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• What's wrong with taht Mama? What's wrong with feeling like you can love whoever you want without being judged or degraded for it? I think that itself is great! My parents would shit a brick if I ever told them I was gay. Atleast kids raised by homosexual parents don't have to be afraid of something like that. I think their parents would accept them whether they were gay or straight. Unlike good...straigh..."christian" parents who are so narrow-minded.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• No, of course not. If anything I would think that a Gay family is generally a better place for kids because they had to really want kids to have them... It can't just be an accidental pregnancy or a couple that isn't ready or anything like that... Chances are, if a gay couple is having a child they are ready, emotionally, financially and mentally... Straight couples don't have those prerequisites, they just have to spend 10 mins in bed...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2010