My Toddler has something wrong with her eye...

About 3 days ago my daughter had a red spot on her eye and it looks like a sti. She doesnt act like it hurts her but is this common for a toddler to get a sti she is going to be 2 in a month. Or is there something else it could be ? It is on her eye lid at the corner end of her eye our from her nose and it wont go away.Also is there any kind of treatment for a sti?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is it on the eyelid? If so I would guess sty also. I get them about twice a year. I don't know why, but always have. I think it would be good to see a doc to make sure though. One of the things I do to help it go down is to steep a teabag in hot water for three minutes and then ring out the teabag and put it (the teabag) on my eyelid. It has to a black tea which most caffeinated teas are. I do that twice a day, and then I also put a cool wash cloth on it too a couple of times throughout the day.
    Once you see the doc and he verifies it, then you will know what to look for in the future.
    There is nothing really to do to get rid of it, but the things I suggested will speed up the process of them going down and will relieve some of the swelling.
    Good luck!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Please watch it carefully, my DS had a herpacitic eye infection that started out as a bump in the corner of his eye. Stys are usually painful, a warm compress can help bring it to a head, but if she gets any more bumps, please take her to the doctor, and demand they do a scraping and see what it is. My DS 's is now under control, but they treated him for all kinds of other things and he almost lost his eye over it. Good luck and god bless!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2010