Q for moms who did NOT start tv young...

I'm not judging anyone whose child did watch tv young, not trying to start any drama. I'm just wondering for those of you who did wait until, say, after 2 and then start very gradually (that's more or less what we've done): what age was your child (or what age do you think your child will be) ready to watch a feature-length show from beginning to end? I know some pretty young kids are trained to do that, but I'm just wondering -- would, say, a four year-old watch the movie UP from beginning to end? A 5 year-old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We only watched Baby Einstein,,,etc, until son was about 2. He is now 5 and will sit through a movie as long as it holds his interest, for some reason he prefers real people rather than cartoon movies.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son watched no TV until he was 2 1/2 then only short videos. He is 7 and will sit through a movie at the theatre but he rarely finishes a video at home. He is a busy kid and would rather be playing than watching TV. He was 5 the first time he was taken to a movie.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My 5 year old will sit thru a movie in a theater ( barely) and only if its something she really wants to see... at home its the same but she would usually rather be doing something else. I think she is like me... she will turn on the tv simply for background noise while she plays or colors.
    LolaRae

Answer by LolaRae at 4:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2010