Q for moms who did NOT start tv young...

I'm not judging anyone whose child did watch tv young, not trying to start any drama. I'm just wondering for those of you who did wait until, say, after 2 and then start very gradually (that's more or less what we've done): what age was your child (or what age do you think your child will be) ready to watch a feature-length show from beginning to end? I know some pretty young kids are trained to do that, but I'm just wondering -- would, say, a four year-old watch the movie UP from beginning to end? A 5 year-old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• are you talking like a 30 min show or a 2 hour movie?
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have a toddler I wouldn't expect for him to watch a 2 hour film. His attention span is still short at this age.
    Anonymous

• OP -- I'm talking about a 90 minute or 120 minute movie.
    Anonymous

• About 6 years old for a movie..About 4 for a show..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 2:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My nephew didn't watch TV until he was about three, I took him to the theater to see Harry Potter last year (age 6). He told me he wanted to see it and I gave in, by about two thirds of the way through the movie he was miserable and wanted to leave. I believe that movie was just over 2 hours, I would guess he would just barely make it through a 1.5 hour movie now at age 7.

I don't know how your children are but that is my experience. Hope that helps!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 2:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• thanks!
    Anonymous