Would you sell your house to become a stay at home mom?

My husband and I have an option to sell our house and make a pretty good profit off of the sale. If we did sell the house we could pay 100% of all of our debt off and pay cash for land and a mobile home. (which we would stay for about 2 years in and then build) Plus put a good amount in savings for when we are ready to build.That would enable me to stay at home with our two girls. Im wanting opinions... would you sell your house to be able to become a stay at home mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• me, no, but only because I don't want to be a SAHM
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes in the case you described I would. If the choice was to sell the house and rent, then no way!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• if that is what would be fullfillin for you! i say go for it
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Your plan sounds good.
    Anonymous

• If that is what you want I say do it! To be debt free would be a blessing, even if you still wanted to work! I wish our housing market was not so bad here, because we would do the same thing! Good luck!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• so you're working out side of your home now and selling would repay that missing paycheck for at least two years while you live in the mobile home and bank some of the selling money leaving money to build later ...

how old are your girls, some moms are happier themselves working outside the home for the adult companionship at work plus that salary from working.

WHAT do you really want to do? Really? If you want to sell but continue working because working outside your home and having a family completes you is that bad in your mind? WHAT do your want out of/in YOUR life?
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'd do that if you replace SAHM with SAHD. I don't like staying home.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• That sounds like a very good plan, especially if you can profit from the selling of your home. When you build will you have even more debt from a new mortgage though? And will you have to go back to work once you move out of the mobile home? Questions to consider.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• nope i stay home and i hated
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure what I would do in your situation. But if selling your house and getting your finances right means you can have the time you want with your family you should definitely do it! Good luck.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010