Why didn't Tiger Woods wear a tie for his public statement?

He said:

"Good morning, and thank you for joining me. Many of you in this room are my friends. Many of you in this room know me. Many of you have cheered for me, have worked with me, always supported me. Now, every one of you has good reason to be critical of me. I want to say to each one of you simply and directly I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in.

I know people want to find out how I could be so selfish and so foolish. People want to know how I could have done these things to my wife Elin and to my children. And while I have always tried to be a private person, there are some things I want to say.

Elin and I have started the process of discussing the damage caused by my behavior. As Elin pointed out to me, my real apology to her will not come in the form of words; it will come from my behavior over time. We have a lot to discuss. continue

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• "
    He thinks the world revolves around him."

Of course he does, the man has a god complex, as a lot of famous athletes do. The reason he didn't wear a tie is because he was scared of someone using it to choke him to death with. He isn't taking any chances that his wife will see him in a tie and realize how easy it would be to just choke the living daylights right out of him. :p
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Read the rest HERE

Anonymous

• A more important question would be "Why does Tiger Woods think we give a damn?"
    Anonymous

• Golfer Tiger Woods apologizes for "irresponsible and selfish  behaviour" during his first public statement to a small gathering  of reporters and friends at the headquarters of the U.S. PGA Tour in  Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. February 19, 2010.

Anonymous

• I agree with anon :59
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 3:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

Good ONe!
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry but what does quoting what he said have anything to do with your question about him not wearing a tie? what's the point?
    Anonymous

He thinks the world revolves around him.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• And why didn't I wear a long-sleeve shirt, today? Because I didn't FEEL like it... who cares whether he chose to wear a tie or not. Sheesh...
    Anonymous

• WHY DOES ANYONE CARE???
    Anonymous