ear infections and allergies

My daughter has had tons of ear infections since her first one (I'd say about 7-9 between the ages of 9 months and 17 months). She also has one food allergy that we know of -- peanuts (a big one). A friend of mine has a child with tons of allergies, and every time she sees that my daughter is suffering from yet another ear infection, she automatically jumps to the allergy thing -- she says I should really get her tested for a whole panel of allergens, that her son got ear infections all the time but they went away when they finally found all the allergens... But my allergist doesn't think she needs any more tests, and both he and my pediatrician don't seem alarmed by all these ear infections. My daughter does not have any other symptoms of additional food allergies -- no skin reactions, normal bowel functioning... Any thoughts? Should I find a new allergist who will do more tests or just assume they're unrelated?

EmilySusan

Asked by EmilySusan at 2:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• we wondered the same thing when my DS had tons of infections, so we put him through the series of skin pricks and the RAST test

He isn't allergic to a damn thing... I tortured my kid for 2 hours for nothing
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• ya i would probably try getting another allergist/pediatricians opinion just to be on the safe side.
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 3:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Eliminate diary for six weeks; see if that helps.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• you child might be fine, my son has ear infections since he was 8 months till 2 1/2 hes now 3 i think some kids are more prone to them i know when i was a baby i got many ear infections but i was also alergic to cats
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 20, 2010