What do you do for difficult "ring around the toilet bowl"?

One of our bathrooms gets really humid and as a result the toilet is stained with a dark ring right at the top of the water line. Any suggestions? I've been using bleach but it just barely lifts it and you can still see the line.

msp12r

Asked by msp12r at 11:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I've heard "The Works" is great. Also, some people swear by dumping a whole 2-liter of Coke into the toilet and letting it sit awhile, then flushing it.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• "The Works" Found at the Dollar store works GREAT for this kind of stain. let it sit for a while. CLR may also get the stain out. Ide use "the Works" first though.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Get a pumice stone and get to scrubbin'! That's the only thing that I've found to keep it from reaappearing.
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Lime Away and let it soak a while. Sounds like a bad hard water stain.
    asmith62877

Answer by asmith62877 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• The works has been the most amazing product for tough stains...I love it and swear by it
    Anubis8733

Answer by Anubis8733 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• POUR 1/2 BOTLLE OF BLEACH IN THERE AND DONT FLUSH FOR LIKE 1HOUR.
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 8:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I have heard the tablets you use to clean dentures with work when you drop a couple in and let them sit.
    Roxanne0607

Answer by Roxanne0607 at 9:27 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• sounds like it is etched in there. Do you use the bleach tablets in the back of your tank while this is happening? If so, I dont think there is anything you can do because now it is permanently etched. :(
    Elizabethsmilez

Answer by Elizabethsmilez at 12:36 AM on Jul. 9, 2008