Do you agree that Atheists are the least trusted minority group in the USA?

Why do you think this is?

http://www.examiner.com/x-36774-Akron-Atheism-Examiner~y2010m1d22-Atheists-In-America-The-Nations-Least-Trusted-Group

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yep. I am one and as soon as you tell someone they gasp and cluth their pearls. Ridiculous...
    Anonymous

• nope dont agree
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• In the Bible Belt? Absolutely. I lost my best friend because I'm an atheist. Sad.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• No, I don't think so, but I do believe that politicians should be the least trusted minority group in the USA.
    Anonymous

• I am a Christian. I have my own reasons why I believe the way I do. Atheists have THEIR reasons why THEY believe the way THEY do. That does NOT make them untrustworthy. You want to know who I find untrustworthy? The people who make the claim that atheists are untrustworthy. Good golly, what an assumption!

7
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I agree with 29again!!!
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 3:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have quite a few Atheist friends and family members. Trust them with my children and my life. Love them all.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I think it's true. There's is a popular misconception that someone who doesn't in any God is immoral and corrupt.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Doesn't believe^^.
    Ginger0104

• I have to admit I didn't read the article but I disagree with the question as you stated it.

I'm Atheist and I'm trustworthy. So are my parents and closest friends..

Just because I don't believe in God doesn't make me a bad person. I have values and morals. I'm a loyal wife and friend. I'm a damn good mom. I work, and volunteer in my community. I do all the things that good Christians do but I cook Breakfast and hang out with my fam on Sunday morning instead of going to church. I don't pray but I put faith into positive thinking and I believe in Karma. So, what would me not believing in God and organized religion have to do with being trustworthy?
    Anonymous