ipod touch?anyone got one?

im thinking about getting my husband one for when he deploys. as like a great fathers day gift or something
anyone got any info on them? like wtf do they do?
where the best place to get one?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 3:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My husband has one. They do basically everything an iphone does accept accept phone calls. They can use all the same apps and stuff. My husband spends a lot of time playing with his. He's got Google maps on it, some games, his music, a few movies and who knows what else. I've only ever touched it like twice in the year he's had it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• so would this be a good thing to get my husband? lol.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 3:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have this one:
    http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/
    and I frickin love it. It holds a gazillion pictures (just download 'em from your computer.) and it takes videos! And they aren't just 10 second videos, they're 5 or 10 minutes! It held all my songs and there's room for hundreds more.

The only thing I would be worried about is where he's deploying too... if they have internet access. (They usually have a cafe.) But if they're gonna have computers where he's gonna be able to access itunes to put new songs on... beacause it's not just a website, it something you download to ur desktop...

Also they recharge by plugging into a docking station which you have to buy separately (but I recommend anyway 'cause then you can play your ipod in your barracks room on speakers.) or by plugging into your computer.. so he might not be able to plug it into a community computer to recharge it...?
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Ihave the ipod touch....got one LOVE It!!! Its got wifi, no camera, lots of cool apps. including plenty of games to chose from. I got the larger memory because I have tons of music. You can download songs directly to the touch using itunes and wifi. You don't have to have a docking station to charge it, you buy a wall charger that the computer cord it comes with plugs into. If he doesn't have his own laptop, that's the best way to charge it otherwise it will download what ever is on the community computer's itunes onto his ipod.
    If you do get a touch for him....get a cover that will protect the back from scratches AND get the packet of screen protectors that allow you to still use the touch screen but keep it from scratching. Apple has good deals on refurbished ones on their website that have the full warranty.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2010