why do i care?

how can i stop myself from being jealous?
about almost everything.
i hate it.
please help me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Jealousy usually stems from a low self esteem. You need to work on yourself and feeling more secure in who you are and what you mean to your partner. It can also indicate that you have trust issues with your partner so you may want to look into some sort of therapy or counselling?
    Anonymous

• just try focusing on yourself and NOT others more... what exactly are you jealous about? relationships, envy of others and what they have??
    mariisasmommy

Answer by mariisasmommy at 3:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• By continually putting life is perspective. The grass might be greener somewhere else, but they still have to mow that lawn!
    What do you feel like you are missing out on, then challenge yourself, so if it is
    "my friends are always going out partying" you tell yourself, "and I stay home cos I have a beautful child and I'm choosing to set a good example"
    "everyone else has lots of money" - ---" I have all I need and and choosing to not be materialistic, we have enough"
    It is hard and takes practice, but the only way to beat this is to keep finding the positive.... And remember to have the things someone else has, means you have to have the whole deal, disfunctional family, or long work hours, or hubby who isn't nice, or ratbag kids.... there is a price to everything, "so yep she might have a new handbag, but it won't cuddle her at night..."
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 19, 2010