salad dressing????

I am trying to eat healthier & I love salads but they are all full of fat, carbs or calories. Is there anything out there that is semi healthy for you? About the only Fat free that I can eat is thousand island. the rest taste too nasty!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Make your own vinaigrette. Mix together oil, red wine vinegar, seasoning, and some brown mustard.
    bellaamore

Answer by bellaamore at 3:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I use a regular dressing, but put it in a separate container, and dip my fork before each bite rather than putting it on my salad. I use a whole lot less that way, and still get the taste I like!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• They also make light options, they taste much better than the fat free but still not as many calories/fat as the regular ones.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Homemade dressing is your best option. You can control what goes into it. Many dressings call for sugar in the recipe but you can actually reduce the sugar amount and even leave it out altogether over a weaning process.
    Anonymous

• squeeze a little lemon or olive juice on it. good stuff
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 4:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I make my own red wine vinegar and olive oil, mix it with a little bit of juice from mandarin oranges and NUMMY! If your really desperate not to make your own then try the spray on dressing's, I buy these for DH and sometimes I use them they are lighter get better coverage so you use less and i was surprised how low the calories and sodium were in them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Fat free doesn't always mean fewer calories. Fat free is often loaded with sugar. I lost over 50 lbs and used regular salad dressings.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 2:26 PM on Feb. 20, 2010