Sleepy baby...

My 5 month old seems really sleepy for the past 2 days. Last night she was so tired I hurried up bedtime routine and she was out by 6:30...she woke up for about 30 minutes at 5:30 this morning and went back to sleep til 7:30...took an hour nap at 8:30...an hour nap at 11:30 and has been asleep since 1:30...so about an hour and a half... its almost 3. I don't want to keep her awake when she is so tired...so I don't mind her napping...but is it normal and okay for her to sleep so much? Is it a sign of anything bad if a baby is so tired? She normally takes 3-4 one hour naps during the day and goes to bed around 7 and is up at 5:30.

cpuckett27

Asked by cpuckett27 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It may be a few things. This is common if she was recently sick. Also, she may be about to go through a growth spurt. I would not worry unless she has a fever or seems like she isn't functioning properly when she is awake.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 3:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• It sounds like she is going through a growth spurt or developmental change.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010