What is your go-to recipe for pot-lucks?

mama3ks97

Asked by mama3ks97 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Spinach dip. YUMMY!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• pasta salad

I take a pound of rotini pasta, boil til done, drain. Put pasta in large bowl, to that add in about 2 chopped raw green bell peppers, about 1 chopped raw onion, and about 6-7 hard boiled eggs, chopped, and about 2-3 cups of sliced polish sausage (but be sure to fry up the sliced sausage first for a few min.) then add in some miracle whip and yellow mustard to your taste, i use about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of miracle whip maybe and maybe 1/2 cup mustard...mix real well altogether and chill for a few hours....my family loves this stuff.
    amanda_3

Answer by amanda_3 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Sausage pepper and onions. Just broil the sausage. Sautee green peppers and onions in some olive oil. Reduce heat slice sausage and add to pepper and onion combo and then splash some sherry wine mmmmmm simmer for a few minutes yum yum
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have several. Are you talking main dish, salad, dessert, or sides?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Rice & black beans

Answer by admckenzie at 4:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• pistacio salad, rolo pretzles, or vegetable pizza
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 5:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Sausage and Penne. Cook up and slice some Italian sausage into bit size pieces. Cook your favorite pasta shape, I like penne. Mix the sausage, penne, sauce, and whatever else you like (green pepper, onions, diced tomatoes, sliced black olives) together.
    Anonymous

• Pasta salad, enchiladas, mannicotti, chicken and cheese cassarole...basically if I can put it in my glass bowl or a baking dish and it's take less than an hour to make it's a possibility.

My pasta salad and enchilidas seem to be favorites of friends and co-workers.

My pasta salad is tri-color rotini, shredded mozzarella, baby pepperoni, fresh diced tomatoes and Kroger brand vinger and olive oil. Some times I put chunks of tuna instead of pepperoni.
    Anonymous

• Depends-

Hashbrown Casserole- if I'm in a hurry or on a tight budget.
    Au Grautin Potatoes- when I have plenty of time
    Pasta Salad or my Bacon & Egg Potato Salad- for a summer party
    Cookies- because all of my cousins expect them at family parties
    Delicious Cake- (yes, that's really the name) for an easy dessert (and affordable)
    Spinach Artichoke Dip or Baby Burritos- if I'm asked to make an appetizer
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• corn and rice casserole- although I don't like to eat at "pot lucks" cuz you never know how someone elses kitchen is?
    Anonymous