What would you do?

My kids are home from school I made them some Mac and Chesse for a snack until dinner...well I am not in the mood for them right now but yet they keep giggling and laughing usually I don't mind this but today is not the day for me...I ask them to keep it quiet bc I don't feel good but they just keep right on.

What can I do I have to stay here with them in the same room bc they are up to no good sometimes...lol I just feel like going crazy on them but I won't I just feel it.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Send them to separate rooms which are not their own. They won't have their own stuff to play with. Tell them they have to stay there until they can behave, at which time they may come out. Depending on their ages, I would likely spank their behinds before sending them off to exile for a while. Children have to be taught to repsect the authority of their parents. When you say stop, they should stop. Since you don't feel well today, this would be an excellent day to try something different. If they come out and start back at it again, repeat the above. Children do better when they have boundaries and when those boundaries are enforced. There is absolutely no reason why they should be driving you up the wall. You are providing for them, and you have the power. Learn to use it wisely, Mom!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Soooo been there. Mine are younger than that and need help constantly. Change the channel, open my juice, tape this ripped book, fix this toy, open these fruit snacks etc. Usually I don't mind at all but some days I just don't wanna be needed.
    Try setting 'em to color in coloring books?
    Pop popcorn and set em up with blankets and pillows and a movie while you read or play online?
    If it's nice out, and you have a fenced in backyard you could go let em play outside?
    Good luck, hang in there!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree with NannyB. Kids do better at home and at school when they have boundaries. You have to have limits and they should respect them, it is really hard at first. But once they know who is the boss, it will get easier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Give them alarge cardboard box to play with in another room. It will keep them outta your face for at least and hour or two.
    PakLeader

Answer by PakLeader at 9:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• send them to go and pay outside. for a while. and when they come back in tell them look im not feeling very good, I need quite , they can sit and watch tv quietly or a dvd. or play a quiet game. gl
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:25 AM on Feb. 20, 2010