Any clue why my 2 y/o DD is acting like this?

My DD is almost 2.5. Lately she has been scream when I try to change her diaper. We are working on potty training but have not had much success yet. Why is she freaking out when I try to change her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Um, not to sound rude, but my daughter is the same age and can answer pretty much any question I ask her - why don't you just ask your daughter, she should be able to tell you.....
    Anonymous

• yeah well my DD can answer me too, but that doesn't mean that she gives an answer that makes sense. She says she has a diaper rash, but she does not. Soooooo do you have have any useful advice?
    Anonymous

• Ask her. It could be that now you're trying to potty train her she is uncomfortable with you down there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:51 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My daughter is the same age, and doesnt speak very well either. I was trying to put her shoes on and she'd scream and scream at me, so finally I told her to ''show me" and she pulled off her sock and had a small owie on her foot. You could try the same thing with your daughter. She might understand showing/pointing better than an actual worded answer.
    team_stewart

Answer by team_stewart at 6:46 PM on Feb. 20, 2010