Has your baby always used his/her crib? Or do you co-sleep or use something else?

My oldest used his from day one, my youngest hated the crib, so we bought a bassinet for him and then transitioned him to the crib at 3 months.

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 4:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter (almost two and a half) has always slept between me and her Daddy in the big bed.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son sleeps with me when he is very fussy. otherwise he sleeps in his crib or swing... The swing when the crib isnt working and he is fighting sleep. When he was first born he slept in his bouncer next to me.. His bouncer was about as high as our bed... our bed is very low! it worked well and when he would get cranky I would turn on the vibrations and he would fall right to sleep... We've since upgraded the bouncer for the swing though!
    Anonymous

• My 7 month old uses a crib & also co-sleeps. When ever she does not feel good & sick I will have her sleep with me other wise she will not sleep at all at night.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My daughter is 10 months now. For the first two weeks she used her bassinet, then she started to co-sleep with us in a co-sleeper that layed in our bed. (They sell them at Target) Once she hit about three months she only slept in her bouncy seat. At about 4 months we finally were able to get her to use her crib. When she was 7 months she had two seizures, which caused her to stop breathing, ever since that happened she has slept in my bed so I can more closely monitor her at night time.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 5:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My kids always slept in their own bed. My first slept with us one night when he came home because we couldn't get the heater going. My daughter slept with us one night when she was sick and the Dr said if she got any worse to take her to the ER . Other than that all 3 of my kids have slept in their bed. If they were sick enough to need me I went to their room. My rule is my bed is mine and yours is yours.

itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son co slept, in a bedside cosleeper, and in our bed. Around 2 yrs, we started putting him in his crib at night, and now, at 2 1/2, he sleeps most of the night in his crib and sometimes in our bed.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Both my kids slept in a bassinet in our room until they were about 2-3 months, then they were moved to their cribs in their room and that's where they sleep now.
    grooveybabe004

Answer by grooveybabe004 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My daughter has been sleeping in her crib since she was 3 weeks old in her own room. She didn't like the bassinet.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son (one year) and daughter (4 months) used the same cradle that my dad made. My daughter is still in it. My son moved to a crib when he started to get too big for the cradle. My daughter will move to the same crib and my son to a toddler bed when she becomes to big for the cradle.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son slept in a bassinet next to my bed til 6 weeks and then moved to his crib in his room.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010