Do you teach your children the correct names for things, such as penis and vagina?

Or do you use words like pee pee, hoo ha, etc?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The correct words, although we also use slang now that they're older.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes we did.... but for what ever reason we gave the KIDS nick names.

I guess we are just a bit off.
    Anonymous

• They know them, but don't say "Vagina" in public. We say Lady Parts.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yes we did
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 5:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I plan on teaching her the correct stuff. But like Pnukey, I don't want her just randomly screaming "VAGINA!" all over the place, lmao. I have a few more months before I have to worry about those things.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We teach them the correct term.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I taught them the correct terms..But we also use slang, my girls call their vagina, "My Peep"..I also just started explaining menstruation and sex to my eight year old..My 5 year old knows the basics about how babies are made and etc. but nothing too specific yet..

Anonymous

• A funny story before I told them the correct terms my youngest was maybe 2 and she said her "front butt" hurt and she was talking about her vagina, it was so funny..

Anonymous

• We taught them the correct terms, but they also use slang terms.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When they ask I will tell them the correct names. My oldest is 4.5 years she will be 5 in April she has knowen what a vigina is since she was 2 because she was potty trained, but still wore diapers to bed I was putting her a diaper on for bed one time she grab it and said whats this so I told her that is your vagina, but she doesn't know what a penis is yet I thought once her cousin was born in 2008 that she would ask what it was when he was being changed, but she didn't ask and even now he is 18 months old and she stars at him when he is being changed, but hasn't asked what it is so I haven't told her what that is yet I will tell her when she asks. My 2 year old has yet to ask me what either are so I haven't told her yet, but when they are ready I use the correct names pennis and vagina
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010