How much do you pay for health insurance out of your/SO paychecks & do they base the price by age?

I am wondering what everybody pays for Health Insurance and if the company bases the rate on your age.

MyGirlParadise

Asked by MyGirlParadise at 5:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Health

• We pay 30 a pay period f(60 a mo)for just health for 4 people. We have a $2400 deductable though. We pay about the same for dental and eye care together for 4
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We pay $430 per year, with copays. The only reason we get that low of a rate is because my husband is medically retired from the military and that is one of the benefits of him getting screwed up.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 5:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My husband's company pays ours 100%. He is in a union.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• For me and my son $144.42 for health and $23.99 for dental every pay check (every other fri)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We pay $150.00 per check, $300.00 per month, for health, dental and vision for the four of us. The dental and vision are not great but better than nothing. We have the best plan they offer so the monthly payments are a little high for us right now, it could be worse I know, but the deductible does not apply on most services and there is no maximum on well visits for our kids, thank goodness. To my knowledge none of this is based on our ages. Each plan has a cost is the only way I know of it being figured.
    Anonymous

• I guess I should add my own question. I am bad about asking a question and then not answering it as well. We pay $82 every friday and that is just health for two adults = $328 for a 4 week month and $410 for a 5 week month. There is no dental nor vision. The health insurance company also based the rate off of our age.

MyGirlParadise

Answer by MyGirlParadise at 5:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My employer pays mine, and it is just over $500 per month. My 3 children's is deducted from my check, and for the 3 of them it is just under $500 per month. If I were to add my husband his would be the same as mine. The reason ours is so high is we are a very small group with only 4 participating employees, and we also have very good coverage even for catastrophic things like cancer and organ transplants. You will find some insurance plans are great for the small stuff, but don't go that far when you really need them.

With a group plan the rates are not based on age other than adults are one rate and dependent children are one rate.
    Anonymous

• We have our insurance through the National Guard and we pay $190.17 a month. They cover our health and vision and we pay an extra $30 for dental. If it were just my husband on the health insurance I believe it was only $80 but as soon as he added family it went up to $190 and it will stay that much no matter how many kids we have. It does increase each year (only by a couple dollars) but our deductable is only $1200, if I remember right.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• No, it wasn't based on our age, but for health, dental and vision it's like $350 a month, plus whatever the company pays. It's ridiculous, but I was sure happy we had it when I had to have emergency surgery! That alone would have cost us $20,000.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We pay $0 for health insurance/prescription and $25 for dental.

No, our rate is not based on age. It's the plan my husband qualifies for in his benefit package due to his position/job title.
    Anonymous