how do i get dh back into old habits?

When dh and I got together he did great with helping to clean. When I was pregnant with dd (now 6 months) I got really lazy and he did ALL the cleaning with the acceptional load of clothes or the dishwasher. Well one night we got in a fight over it and I realized how lazy I had been. I started cleaning more often but now he has stopped cleaning. I've tried talking to him about but it just seems like I'm talking to a brick wall. Our place isn't very big to begin with and we have no storage. It's gotten so bad I can ask him to do something and it still doesn't get done. I write things on our dry erase board with no results I have left things alone for weeks and they never move. Now that dd is rolling and scooting I really can't do that anyways. So please ladies I'm about ready to leave this man if he can't grow back up and help out!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh and I forgot to mention he leaves the knives that swing open and lighters laying where my 3year old ds can get them. I just don't really feel safe here. He also leaves bullets laying around. Luckily the guns are in a gun safe but why leave the bullets out?
    Anonymous

• Humph. I'd be taking all the unsafe stuff to the police station and leaving it there.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• take turns cleaning. You do one day and he do the next. If the house doesnt get clean on his day then leave and go out and tell him you are not coming home until the house gets clean..be stern and hold your ground. stay with a friend or family member.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Sounds like you pushed him to far and he went on strike.

Answer by louise2 at 6:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If he is paying the bills, the least you can do is clean the small home.
    Anonymous

• Actually I'm bringing in as much money as he is and working only 8 hours less than he is. Besides taking care of 2 kids under 4 is a full time job in itself.
    Anonymous

• if you both are working than i see nothing wrong with you BOTH cleaning.or at least have him pick up after himself. im a sahm so i really dont mind doing the cleaning, except my hubby doesnt leave unsafe things laying around the house. tell him if it's all our job to take care of the home and kids than its his job to bring in the money.
    Anonymous