how do you go about having a funeral for a baby that you miscarry?

if you have a DNC do the doctors give it to you?
do you just have a memorial?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow, could we be any more rude? If you can't answer the question, then don't bother responding at all. Sheesh.

Just have a memorial. It is not as though you would have had an open casket anyway. I lost a child at 22 weeks and we had him cremated and had a memorial for him. Just contact a local funeral home and the funeral director will tell how they handle services for little ones.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• serisously - in the just for fun ??
    Anonymous

• where else should i put it?
    Anonymous

• You will only have the remains of a child born at or after 20 weeks.Before this,sadly,its considered medical waste
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• just for fun is pretty WEIRD place to put this question. but the best you can do is have a memoriall
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• hey lay off her! where else was she supposed to put it. not really fitting in pregnancy now is it? bless any one in this position. a memorial sounds like a wonderful way to grieve.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 5:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• PULEASE. *eye rolling*
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i felt that it was best for me to just move on and forget...i will always remember...but i didnt want a memorial or a funeral to remind me of that horrible day
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I agree with a previous post...if it's before a certain gestational age. Plus, I think if you have a D&C then they pretty much scrape out the contents of your uterus, so what would come out would look nothing like a baby. It would be pretty much random tissue. If you were far enough along to have get the remains to either bury or cremate, you would likely be induced and have to give birth to the entire baby at once to prevent a D&C. Although, and this hasn't happened to me so don't hold me to it, some hospitals may let you have the remains cremated at a younger gestational age if you sign paperwork and tell them ahead of time that you absolutely want the remains. Some might not and if you are only eight weeks or so...then it will be hard to tell between baby and other tissues...but some might, so it never hurts to ask. Good luck and sorry for you loss (if this is about you personally!)
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I am with mrsmostafa, and TMJ121099.....

If this is your loss, I am sorry ♥♥♥♥

If they do a D&C, you will not see it, NOR want to.

I would suggest, maybe family and friends--who really care...

and a Helium Balloon, everyone can sign it & Say a little PRAYER and
    RELEASE it....

ALL MY LOVE towards, this loss.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2010