How to get published?

Are there sites for older writers? Pathetic, I know but I am who I am.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can get a book called "Writer's Market" that comes out each year. There are different versions, for each genre. It's a big old fat book that has the list of hundreds of publishers and how to submit your writings. They each have their own specifications. I don't know if there is an online version. You can get it at Barnes and Noble, but also probably Amazon. Good luck!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• What kind of writing do you want to do? I am (or was anyway) a freelance writer. I wrote for magazines and newspapers for about 15 years until I started homeschooling my kids. I'm 48, and starting over again, and things have changed a lot, but much is still the same. Writer's Market is definitely your 1st resource, and you can even get it at your library. Also check out Writer's Digest Community. If you send me your e-mail, I'll send you an invite from the community, although I'm sure you can find it on your own.

Most important.....if you love to write, just keep doing it!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If you are doing books, lulu.com is a great resource. It is a free way to self publish.
    MommyTails

Answer by MommyTails at 10:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2010