Maternity pictures and stretch marks...

If you had maternity photos taken AND had stretch marks, did you show your stomach?? With DD, I did not. I felt so embarrassed that I had stretch marks, BUT, now I realize that was stupid and I really regret not doing it with DD. So with this baby I am planning on showing my bare belly in some of the photots. Did you?? What do you think about it??

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 6:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go for it honey! If you're feeling self conscious about the stretch marks, try black and white, it tends to soften the pictures and they won't be as noticable.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 6:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I edited my stretch marks out ;o)
    Anonymous

• I didn't get stretch marks until my last baby (she was over 9 pounds!) but I still took bare-belly pics. I only had about 3 or 4 on each side of my belly button but I still felt like I "earned" them. lol!
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I got them really really bad with DS and now I have them just a bad with DD. I didnt show my belly with DS I just wore a tight shirt, Im going to do the same thing with DD too..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 7:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i saw an awesome maternity picture a while ago. they had a sheet in the front, lighting in the back, and the woman stood naked, atleast it appeared naked in between the sheet and the light, but close to the sheet. You could see her beautiful profile, without really being exposed.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If you go to Corbis.com and enter pregnancy it's the 80th picture, the number is 42-21817922. this picture is very similar to the one i saw, but just incase you don't want to show your tummy, they're still other options. Corbis has tons of pictures that offer great ideas. Good luck on whichever way you go.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 8:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If your uncomfortable with them you can always have your SO take pictures and copy some poses off of the internet. That's what I did this time around and they came out great! Then you can have the pictures to remember and not have to expose your belly to a photographer. =)
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2010