I just don't know what to do..

I've done everything to keep my baby from screaming all day long, and I'm running out of options. Doctors won't listen to me and just diagnose it as colic without even checking anything else. Nothing works. NOTHING. He is in PAIN all-day-long and no one will listen to me. I just don't know what to do anymore short of taking him to the chiropractor. Help? Advice? Please?

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 6:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to find a doctor that will test him for acid reflux, demand that they do it that is what it sounds like her has, try a family doctor they are usually better about this sort of thing that snotty peds anyways.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:12 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Sounds like you've been to multiple doctors, then? I wouldn't hesitate to go to the chiropractor's.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'd switch pediatricians if they aren't listening! My 1st pediatrician was like that, it took almost 4 years to get my old one to test my oldest for asthma! We kept taking her to the ER because they always seem to happen at 3 am,& he said since he had never witnessed it he wouldn't prescribe her one, and seemed to ignore the reports from the ER docs. The first visit to our new one they not only diagnosed her, but set up a appt with an allerist. My youngest was diagnosed as "colicky" too eventually we found out she was lactose intolerant and had reflux! You sont wanna suffer through screaming because your Dr. Isn't willing to put an effort into listening to youor to run the proper tests!
    Anonymous

• ! my doc told me my daughter had colic to we had chanegd her formula Three times even, the simalic Alumnnuim made such a improvement with her! they also sell a spray at baby r us for colic. and the gas drops also help. she was a premee and had gerd also. but the sensitive(orange can) was great for her stomach but she couldnt go to the bathroom anymore, and we had to due prune juice, the formula alum. is the purple can and very pricy but it even says it works within 24hrs, and i really believe it took 2days and shes woundeful now and almost 2months old now
    bobowazhere

Answer by bobowazhere at 11:14 AM on Feb. 21, 2010