AHHHHH I HATE FIRST DATES~!!

...sorry...just needed to vent..getting ready to go on a first date with someone I met on the internet...I hate how I feel, I have a big zit by my lip, I feel fat from lunch and ughh...I just hate first dates! I totally wanna cancel even though when we text each other he makes me laugh, makes me feel warm inside, like I wanna snuggle with him, and he's totally hot! Why can't I feel excited and happy and look forward to it instead of feeling like I do..2 & 1/2 hours till we meet and I DON'T WANNA GO!! Heeeelp! Anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because first dates are like job interviews, just don't have more than two drinks. When you don't know what to say let him talk, ask about his family, job, and for some reason everybody talks about their dog if they have one. GL
    Anonymous

• OP here..ok, he has a dog, I can do that...lol thanks!
    Anonymous

• i never went on one but i know if i was single now ide be a little insicure if they will still talk to me after they see me,i mean if you ask my hubby he will say they will fall in love,but i would be terrified,is that what your worried about?
    Anonymous

• Op here...no, surprisingly not, he seems very much the gentleman, wants me to pick the place to meet where I feel safest, just strikes me as a nice guy in general, a bit more innocent than what I'm used to actually..so I'm feeling fairly safe about it.
    Anonymous

• where are you going?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Op here...were meeting down at the ferry dock and having drinks at a place that overlooks the water...I'm so anxious I feel like I'm gonna be sick, I totally wanna cancel, this is ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• Ooh yeah! I hear you! I was 19 when I went on my first date (I know, weird, but I had been overseas....). I didn't realize 'til after I said yes that I really didn't want to go out with the guy, so I asked my brother if he wanted to double date with is. Fortunately, it was ok with my date. It was really awkward, and I talked with my brother the whole time! Then I went to a college banquet with a guy I really liked, and it was so uncomfortable I said I'm not going on any more dates!!! What I learned was that it was a lot nicer to go for a hike the first time. You don't have to look nice, you can just be laid back, and you can learn a lot about them. Of course, that won't work if you don't like to hike but a walk in the park is nice, or just something super casual like meeting up for coffee. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• OP here...thanks, that would have been the perfect thing to do! Sh*****T~! I should have asked you FIRST! Lol...I walk 5 miles a day..I thought about meeting him for coffee but decided a drink might calm my nerves, lol, whereass coffee would just make me even more jittery!
    Anonymous

• I've dated men from on line for years. They have all been great. I didn't care if they liked me or if we had a second date. That removed my fears. I didn't have to win him over. If it went somewhere then it did and with SO it did. So just relax and have fun. It's not like you have to marry him.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Op here..you didn't care if they liked you admckenzie? You are waaaay more secure than I am! But ok, yeah...I'll just try and relax and have fun...thanks!
    Anonymous