Anyone have trouble with solids when sick?

My 5.5 month old has been eating the rice cereal for about a week now and she got very excited when she saw the bowl and spoon coming. She swallowed a little bit of it, then started crying really bad. Now she is resting. It appears she has her first cold as her nose is running and she has a cough. Could she maybe have a sore throat and the food bothered her?? It's was pretty liquid, so I was surprised by this reaction!

shandyeddie

Asked by shandyeddie at 6:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kids tend to eat less when they're not feeling well. As long as she still nurses or takes bottles, it's fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Are you sure she's sick and not having a reaction to the food?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 9:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Could she be teething? Mine took bottles a lot more during the day and didn't want to eat when they were teething.
    Anonymous

• My 6 month old has a BAD cold and fever and won't eat any of his solid foods. His nursing okay, thank God, but I tried to give him pears at lunch and sweet potatoes at dinner and he just gagged at both of them. Try a little juice or infant water.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Thank you for the responses. She seems to be taking less formula as well. Just finished a half of a bottle at 11. I am going to try to make up the ounces at the next feedings. She seems fine though! Smiles after each cough and sneeze!
    shandyeddie

Answer by shandyeddie at 12:38 PM on Feb. 20, 2010