Crampy in the back, nothing in the front?

I'm just a few days away from the big DD and I've been feeling what seems to be contractions (like, the same sensation I guess) in my back but my uterus doesn't get hard or anything. Is that possible to be contracting and not feel it up front or am I most likely just dealing with a lower backache?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Hmm... I don't know about the uterus not getting hard. I do know a lady who didn't even know she was in labor, just had a backache and her kid came pretty quickly. So it could be. So EXCITED for you!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Sounds like back labor, which means the baby is sunny side up, you need to do exercises to flip the baby around and relieve tha back pain so that your contractions will come to the front and be more useful.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2010