Would you ever live in a trailer?

Another post got me thinking...

I grew up in a trailer and SWORE when I married out of that disgusting hole of a trailer park I would never go back but now with the economy...We are thinking about it. :( We currently rent a home but rent is getting harder and harder to make every month.

It wouldn't be a a trailer park of course and what we looked at is NOTHING like the "home" I grew up in but it still brings back BAD memories of the trash I grew up around.

What do you think? Would you ever live in a trailer?

***the space difference isn't that big because our current home is pretty small...only 2 bedrooms, 1 bath and the rent we found is 580 a month for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I grew up in a trailer too. We weren't in a trailer park but we didn't do the upkeep that was needed on it so it ended looking pretty bad by the time I got out. I think if the trailer you're moving into looks decent and you don't plan on letting it get rundown then go for it. We all have to find ways to save money nowadays.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 7:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I live in a trailer & trailer park. I think as long as you keep it clean and nice it shouldn't matter.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 7:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i loved my old trailer
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:23 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I used to live in a HUGE double wide, in a nice new neighborhood. I loved it.
    lilmamaxx

Answer by lilmamaxx at 7:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• THe funny thing is like all housing there are shit holes and good ones even in the trailer park world, in college I looked at buying a trailer in a really nice park, seemed like old people lived there mostly, but here where I live now there is no such thing as a nice trailer park. My only hang up about even nice ones is the rent just to have the trailer there. I would get a crime report from the police station about each area you look at and go from there. Trailers now days can be super nice inside just as nice as any other house. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have never lived in a trailer, but I would if that is all I could afford. I see nothing wrong with it.

Keeping a house clean and looking/feeling like a home doenst equate to how much it costs.
    Anonymous

• I grew up in a trailer. Then I moved in with my husband (boyfriend at the time) we had a brick house. Then we bought our first home together, a 3bedroom 2 bath trailer house. Its right on the lake, we have a huge front and back yard, and its in a location with mostly older people that have nice homes also, so its perfect place to raise our family because its safe! We love it! I too said that I would never live in a trailer house when I left my parent's home, but that was before I was on my own and paying a mortgage! ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 7:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I guess it depends where you live. If you have to, then you should. I never wanted to live in a trailer, and we've searched high and low. I found a three bedroom, 1 and 1/2 bath house for 550. It is out in the country, Just got to look in all areas, meaning newspaper sites, craigslist, kajiji, and whatever is local. Good luck! :)
    Anonymous

• i grew up in a trailer. When i was with my ex we were very close to buying a trailer to put on some land that his family owned but he backed out...he had a huge fear of making big commitments. I would buy one before throwing my money away renting, for sure.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Absolutely, but i wouldn't buy one brand new. They depreciate something awful.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 7:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2010