Whats an average bedtime for my 18 month old?

I have to get up for work at 4 am so I put her to bed at 7pm and I go to bed shortly after. I try to keep her on schdule and usually she falls asleep shortly after I lay her down no longer than 20 min. but I feel horrable laying her down at 7pm because I feel like it's too early but I need my sleep too what is an average bedtime for a 2 year old?

HaileysMom27

Asked by HaileysMom27 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Thats about right, I put mine to bed at 8 from the time they were 3 months old. They still go to bed at that time on school nights. It is really easy on them to have a set bedtime and even easier once school starts LOL..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• All of mine(except for the baby) are in bed at 8pm (ages range from 2 1/2-9) & are asleep by 8:15 sometimes 8:30.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I forgot to add, that don't worry about feeling bad. If it works for you then it works. Sometimes I wish all of mine would be in bed & asleep by 7, lol. Good Job
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 7:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yep with my first 3 they were all in bed by 7.30pm, it worked great. With my last my hubby didn't get home til around then so we kept her up til around 9, but then she slept later. toddlers need around 10-11 hours sleep at night, so if your wake up time is 4 am then 7 is no where near too early. You are doing a great job, if it works in your house, it's perfect for you!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I dont know ...because currently my daughter is going through a phase of not going to sleep at all until like 4 and 5 in the morning and I cant do anything to stop it because we live with my in laws who bitch and moan if she cries for 5 mins to go to sleep at night...so we just have to stay up and take it o0o and i have another one on the way will be here in 10 days or less and my hubby wont ever get a place for us i dont think and he says he is to good for gov assistance
    Anonymous

• 7 is fine by me if i got up at 4 to work everyday yes i would do the same thing
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My 19 mo is in bed at 7 and sleeps until about 9 am and then takes a nap from 1-330 or 4. If it works for you then that is what you do. Mine is in bed at 7 because I need to spend at least an hour doing homework and then take a shower so that I can be in bed by 930. So do what you have to do and don't feel guilty about it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• when my boys were that age, they slept 7-9 and took a nap.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 8:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Both my kids go to bed at 7:00 pm. They are 1.5 and 3.5.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 9:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• DS sleeps from 7pm to 9am and is 18 months!
    smarshy

Answer by smarshy at 10:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010