this is what being a mom is all about...funny story about what happened to me today

I just baked a cake, in the middle of cooking dinner and while it simmers I figure I have time to assemble our new vacuum and see how it works. As soon as I assemble it I immediatetly want to to try it on the living room. So I turn it on and in awe on how well its working, quiet it is and how well it glides across the carpet. Well I see my DD taking off her socks playing with them and think nothing of it. She is really scared of vacuums but not of this quiet one so she walks around with me as I proceed to vacuum the floor and next thing you know she throws her socks in my path!! The vacuum sucks it up and the suction is lost from the vacuum. So after all my weeks of searching for a great vacuum and anticipating its arrival its been ruined by a 15 mth olds sock...lol!! Looks like I'll have to disassemble it and find socks!!! Lol hope you enjoyed. Have any crazy experiences lately?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 8:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My 4 year old told me she is learning about Ham Lincolnton at school. (Abraham Lincoln...the town we live in is called Lincolnton.)
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 8:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• LOL! sorry you have to fix it now but DAMN! nice vacuum if it will pick up socks! ;o)
    Anonymous

• That was cute. Life as mom, lol. I did enjoy :)
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• lol nikki
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• rolling on floor

Anonymous

• That is hilarious. Today I had to console a child who closed her hand in the toilet seat. It was very sad for her but I hope she learned her lesson. I'm sorry that you have to take the new vacuum apart to find the socks to make it work again. Good luck!
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• lol, we just finished potty training and after I did my "I don't have to keep diapers in my purse" dance, I realized I needed to figure out something for when we're out because he's afraid of the 'big potty'. So now instead of gaining my purse back, I now have a portable potty in there along with an extra change of clothes and shoes for accidents.
    One day it'll be my purse again. :)
    What vacuum did you get? I'm in need of a new one.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 8:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• OP here:so I unscrewed the hose and I can't find the sock. So it looks like I can't use my vacuum until I get it unclogged @ the store or something. I'm kind if upset that I can't clean but still its a damn funny story. Oh the vacuum I got is a Hoover windtunnel pet rewind bagless upright. There are two versions get he one where the handle folds down. Its a litter heavier than the other version but guarantee that its sooo smooth and glides across th floor effortlessly. Picks up dirt like you wouldn't believe
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 9:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• My son got a whole box of cookies this morning before I woke him up for school and split him with his little brother. By the time I woke up, the entire box was eaten. I told him no breakfast this morning cuz you are already full of cookies. I put him in time out, but I thought it was sweet that he shared with his little brother.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When I was pregnant with my daughter, my nephew laid down next to me in bed and told me (mind you he was 6) "MeMe you know to get that baby out you have to push real hard and it hurts real bad!" I couldn't believe my ears and I was just like"I know, thanks for reminding me!"

imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010