Another white American male terrorists, why is he called mentally unstable?

and not a terrorist?

The FBI sought to close the book on its long, frustrating hunt for the killer behind the 2001 anthrax letters Friday, formally ending its investigation and concluding a mentally unhinged scientist was responsible for killing five people and unnerving Americans nationwide.

After years of false leads, no arrests and public criticism, the FBI and Justice Department said Dr. Bruce Ivins, a government researcher, acted alone.

Ivins killed himself in 2008 as prosecutors prepared to indict him for the attacks. He had denied involvement, and his family and some friends have continued to insist he was innocent.

Investigators had tried earlier to build a case against biowarfare expert Steven Hatfill, who had worked for a time in the same military lab as Ivins, but ultimately turned away from that theory and had to pay him a multimillion-dollar settlement.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would say the suicide was a good cause for mental unstability.....clinically....it is.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 8:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Because he wasn't trying to terrorize anyone. That's kind of a prerequisite to being a terrorist. Most nutjobs who go postal and shoot some place up are not labeled as terrorists. This guy used a plane instead of a bomb, but he's no different than the VT shooter or the Columbine kids.
    Anonymous

• White people can't be terrorists, only brown and black folk. Didn't you get the memo?
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 8:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• oh no here comes the race card...lol
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

OK
    Anonymous

• Yeah I mean Timothy McVay wasnt called a terrorist.......wait....YES he was AND he was......wait for it.....WHITE. So was The unabomber, Eric Rudolph. Here....let me help you out. I GOOGLED (your friend) home grown TERRORISTS and got THIS link FIRST. So hard.  MAYBE Op they havent called THIS guy a TERRORIST yet because they are STILL investigating.  Pretty sure they have done the SAME thing with others......no mater the RACE.

http://baheyeldin.com/politics/list-of-home-grown-terrorists-in-the-usa.html

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

_______
    Yeah... you got us! Hey why don't you try to convince us you are not racist too?

OP, anyone willing to blow themselves up, go on a shooting spree, blow people up, etc. etc.. IS and will ALWAYS be labeled mentally unstable. Just because someone says he was mentally unstable does not mean they are excusing his actions nor not calling him what he is... a terrorist. I said it in a previous post, yes him and Stack were terrorists the should be labeled as such. If we were allowed to profile people I would expect them to profile anyone that fits the intel. Example: intel knows a white man with the last name Stack is going to blow people up? They better stop every white man with the same last name they come across.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• In my book. He's a terrorist. He did terrorize people, I'm sure the people on the street around that building and the people in the building were pretty damned terrorized. I also think that other IRS employees in other IRS buildings around the nation had a few moments of terror. And come to think of it. He will never be called such. He did spread terror. He did instill a fear that it "could" happen again, that some other nutjob who's fed up with some of the government's policies will also lash out. (gee isn't that what some other "terrorist" do, lash out at governments/societies because they do not like their policies or treatment of people)

Whether the man acted in accordance with a group or not. Means nothing to me. I still view him as a terrorist.

I also think if his named would have been "Khan" instead of "Stack". The story headlines, by lines, questions being asked..ect. would all be very different.
    Anonymous

• because he was OBVIOSLY mentally ill.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I just wanted to say I have never heard of a 'brown or black folk' terrorist... only Arabic -- those people are discriminated against because of the terrorist attacks we have been experiencing.
    Anonymous