Belly button infection

I am very nervous about something ... sorry this is going to sound gross. I went to get in the shower and noticed my belly button area was red ... I got a qtip out and stuck it in when I pulled it out it had liquid and a nasty smell. Everything that I have read online sounds like I need to go to a doctor pretty immediately and now I'm nervous. I don't have health insurance right now and don't have the money to go to the doctor. Has anyone ever had this ... can I treat it myself? I cleaned it out with alcohol but I don't know if I should use neosporin or something... UGH! If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Health

• I read up on it and it seems you might have a bacterial infection. Unfortunately you will probably need an antibiotic. Go to your local clinic or ER. Explain your payment situation, they shouldn't turn you away whether you can pay or not... If you have some peroxide use that to clean it out, and then put some neosporin on it for the time being, but you should really see a Dr. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Sorry I can't help you. I have never heard of it or had it. But I hope someone can help. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• pour some peroxide in there.
    Anonymous

• it sound like a yeast infection in your belly area you can try this normal yeast medication otc and just keep cleaning it out and try one of the cream for vaginal yeast infection.I hope it works for you
    Anonymous