Anyone want a toddler--I'll even trade?

Is cutting canine teeth always this bad. I don't' even want to be around her. I can't stand the whining any more. Is ther anything else I can do out side of Motrin?

coala

Asked by coala at 8:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Gee if mines wasnt going through the same thing I'd trade!!! ALLLLLL day long ERRRRRRRRRR im about to go crazy LOL
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'll trade an 8 yr old, 9 yr old and 11yr old for your teething toddler!! LOL
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 8:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure what else will help other than give her something cold to chew on, like a frozen wash rag or something.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 8:39 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Popsicle! the cold will help. Or you can use pickles or even cold whole carrots right from the fridge. It'll be much easier if she can get them to cut through the gums more, that's the hardest part.

I also used the Hylands Teething tablets with mine.

the teething may have caused an ear infection though. always happened when mine were teething. Is she showing any signs of an ear infection?
    Anonymous

• OP here---She won't chew on a wash rag that is cold with an ice cube wrapped in it and the teething tablets didn't work when she was cutting molars. I am about to kill myself LOL--Daddy is aware b/c his mom just had surgery and she needs someone to stay with her for a few days. As long as I'm not alone, I actually feel better knowing that.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Mine is going through it right now also. This has been a very long week. My eye started twitching around Tuesday.
    Anonymous

• Same here my husband is away and nothing seems to be helping!! Even my 5 year old is telling him "brother thats enough I heard enough I want to go to school tomorrow so I dont here u cry brother!!"
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• When my middle DD went through that I took he to the ER. I had never heard a child scream so loud or hard in my life. The ER doc told me to give her childrens advil, it worked better for pain. Sorry mom, thats all I got. Oh yeah, she was allowed to have 1 teaspoon every 4 to 6 hours.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• awww poor possum, tell you what, you take my moody 13yr DD and the obnoxious 15yr DS , ... Man this parenting gig is hard work, so totally not what the pic in the Johnson and Johnson Baby manual looked like!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• you are going to think me weird but it did work go get some whiskey Just a small one that you can get for $1 than put a very little on your finger and put it where it hurt the whiskey will num the area and help with the pain But unlike the oral gel out there it will help the teeth come throw. I didn't believe it until My mom and Mother in law both told me it worked. they had both use it on both my husband and me and all the other kids they had. it is one of the old wise tale.
    cvwright21

Answer by cvwright21 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010