Has anyone had this?

Okay im 31 weeks pregnant with my second daughter and i have been experiencing alot of pelvic and pubic pain. I cant turn positions while sleeping becuase it hurts and burns so bad. The pain is worse on my left side. This has been going on since i was 6 months but it has progressively gotten worse. I can even walk for a long time or go up stairs let alone get up from a seated position. I spoke to my ob and she checked to see if my cervix was dilated and no i am still close. Thats good but she just told me it could be just ligaments stretching but i know what i feel and those are not ligaments stretching and she said i had to deal with the pain till delivery. I was just wondering if anyone has gone through this or is going through this. It just really hurts so bad. thnks

IsabellesMom23

Asked by IsabellesMom23 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have the same problem. I'm now going on 39 weeks with my second baby and at night to get up to go to the bathroom I have to wake DH up to help me sit up and get outa bed because of the pain of my pubic bone. I know what you're talking about with the changing positions in bed. Feels like something is really broke down there. It doesn't matter if I'm sitting down, standing, walking or laying down IT HURTS!!! I told my midwife and OB about this and they said it was just everything losening up in my hips and where your pubic bone comes together in the middle it gets really lose and sore. They told me it usually gets worse with each pregnancy. I had never felt pain like this while carrying DD. So I'm just telling myself just a couple of more weeks and hopefully it will be GONE!!!!
    ashley_2187

Answer by ashley_2187 at 3:16 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• No i haven't, but that sounds painful. And yes you know your body better than the doc! I can't help you, sorry! But i hope you figure it out and get help with it!! GL!
    Anonymous

• I had the same problem with my pregnancy what I find out was when she moved she was stuck in my hip area. so every time I try to get to sleep she would move and whatever part was suck she may my lift worst It lasted for a while and than she move enough that she free herself and I got to sleep with no pain. it last a while for me but the pain will stop
    cvwright21

Answer by cvwright21 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I went through it with my second to. I had to go on early maternity leave from work and be on bedrest. I actually fell a couple times because of it. It hurts very bad and it can be scary. Even turning over in bed is a painful task. It hurt to lay down, it hurt to stand, it hurt to sit up. Yeah.It sucked. I wasn't diagnosed with anything but pelvic pain however, after doing research and trying to find a true name for what was going on...I belive I had SPD. When your pregnant, your pelvis begins to soften getting ready for birth. For some women, the hormone that softens it over produces and it softens too much causing this pain. I had felt like I was literaly going to break in half, like my pelvis just couldnt carry my weight,lol. It was horrible. And now that I'm pregnant again, my fear is that I will get it again. It made being pregnant just a tad bit miserable. Sorry your going through that. I know its painful!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Wow! I forgot about that pregnancy discomfort until you jogged my memory, but yes, I had it too. I remember it hurt like hell and them telling me about ligaments stretching just made it worse because of mental imagery. My pregnancy and birth was healthy. But yeah, I don't know if that is what you are having, but that's what I have. I'm sorry that your OB was unsympathetic (not to late to switch to a midwife wink wink). Perhaps you could go to a chiropracter that specializes in pregnant women. Here is something I found on the subject of pelvic pain during pregnancy. http://www.plus-size-pregnancy.org/pubicpain.htm
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• BTW, I know that links web address says "plus size pregnancy" but the article about pelvic pain and the different things it could mean doesn't necessarily have anything to do with that.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I am going through this and have been for a few months now. I am 38 weeks preg and am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! The only thing that has helped even remotely is a position my midwife recommended. Put your knees on the edge of the couch and your shoulders on the ground (so your butt is in the air). Rock your hips back and forth. This helps move the baby up out of the hip region. I do it every few days (as needed)... it is a lot harder now than it was at 33 weeks.... give it a try. I didn't think anything would help me, but this did (I rock for maybe 1 minute or as long as I can stand to).
    Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I complety know what you are going through , i am pregnant with my sixth child , and i have experinced this a number of times , it kinda of feels like the babies head is sitting right on top of your pelvic bone and spinning and turning , and it is very painful, im sorry you have to feel that , it stinks , but your Dr. is pretty much right you just kinda of have to endure the pain , not really anything you can do for it . God bless . Hope this helps a little bit.
    corey229

Answer by corey229 at 10:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2010