Does anyone have a hard time keeping your house organized when you work full-time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Absolutely. I work full time and go to school full time, sometimes.. the house just gets messy! :) At the end of each night I throw my daughters toys in bins I have placed in various areas of the house, I sweep after she eats, I vacuum when I get to it, I make sure to put dishes in the dishwasher as I go so I don't end up with huge, gross, food-dried-on stacks- and the laundry gets done when I get to it. That's life right?
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 9:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• yes, i do. it's hard with the weekends being really the only time to do a lot of stuff like laundry bc i have to do a couple of loads to get through the week.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:10 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• we all have that same problem SAHM's as well as Working Mom's. I highly recomend flylady.net for help to keep order
    Anonymous

• Oh, yes. I'm working two jobs, so even worse. DH is home and does some things but organization is beyond him. I've abandoned hope till he's working again and not making messes as fast as they can be cleaned.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Does anyone NOT?
    Anonymous

• Yep. I've resigned myself to not having a perfect house. If people don't like my clutter they don't have to come over.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I can honestly say no. Since DH and I are working M - F, the house isn't getting messy. My DD plays with her toys each evening, and picks them up before bed. Dinner dishes get into the dishwasher every night too. Every Friday is laundry night, and every Saturday is mop and dust. Now when it comes to organizing misc papers, or photos, or even getting to some household projects, that we CAN fall behind on.

Anonymous

• Yep, but we use the weekends to try to take care of that - and we 99% of the time - at least one of us does it and the other entertains our son. its very much a team effort and not easy but we don't stress too bad if it fails.. jsut keep on trying
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i am a sahm of 4 (ages 7 months to 6yrs) kids plus i homeschool my 4 and 6 yr old and i still can't manage to keep the house clean! lol so don't feel bad!
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:36 AM on Feb. 20, 2010