Thought this would be interesting...

IS there anything you expect your man to do or know, without you having to ask or tell him?
Does he?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• My birthstone color since I've been saying it for 3 years now...he doesn't even need to know the name! Just the color!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 9:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• We took a zero mind reading vow before we ever got married. Since I'm not telepathic and neither is he, and since no one has a 100% memory, we just tell each other things straight up.

It's really unfair to expect a partner to always know what you need, want, expect, etc. We are humans and we have language. Why not just say something?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I like ecodani's post. Expecting things will only leave you dissappointed or frustrated. I dont have anything i expect my man to do or know.
    Anonymous

• Things I have told him or things he has said or done while we were together. But he forgets them! Seriously, he will start telling me something and I will say "I know, that was yesterday, I was there." And he will say, "really?" or briefly argue the point, then realize that I'm right. Or think something happened yesterday and it was actually two weeks ago, or get events mixed up, or not remember at all! He sounds like an alzeimers patient. lol. But its true!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yeah, things like taking out the trash when it's full or putting his clothes in a designated dirty clothing area...does he? Only sometimes. But, whatever. It's not a deal breaker.
    Anonymous

• ecodani speaks wisely. I agree with her

Answer by admckenzie at 10:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• The only thing I will expect him to know is my name :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• When the litter box needs scooping, the baby's diaper needs changing and when the trash needs to be taken off. Nope, he does not do it! lol I have to ask for everything else as well.

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:08 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Nope. I do not "expect" anything. If I want him to do something I ask him. If I want him to know something, I tell him. I can't read his mind and he can't read mine. If there was one thing I had to pick, it would be that when the garbage is full, please take it out before it falls over. Most of the time he is really good about that.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2010