OMG what else can I do?!??!?!?!

My 19 month old is cutting more teeth! For the last 3 weeks he's been doing nothing but CRYING and SCREAMING!!! AHHH i cant take it anymore! Tried pain med, orajel, ice cold things... Im at wits end!! I'm about to lose it!! All he wants to do is be held and I have an older child thats out of school for vacation so all my attention cant be focused on him! UGH I need a vaction... any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh Mommy this is so hard. All you really can do is plan to do nothing else but be with him and your older child. If you are getting really frustrated go out somewhere, even if he is screaming, you won't lose it the same when you are out where other people are. Go to the mall, the park anywhere. Also distraction is probably your best bet right now, find the puppy, look at the leaves, play in the sandpit. Continue the pain meds, also ask the chemist for something containing ibuprofen (here it's called Nurofen but not sure in US) It is a pain med with anti infammatory rather than just pain relief, and you can give a dose of Ibuprofen as well as a paracetamol med at the same time. Goos Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Have your husband watch the kids for a while so you can go out for a few hours and just relax.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• there are teething tablets that might help im not sure what state you live in but walmart carrys them also try mortin if worse comes to worse but some jim bean on his teeth its a old wise tail but it works just rub it on this teeth dont let him drink it
    Anonymous

• HA I wish he's out of town!... All my friends work and my family would never just watch my kids just for me to have a break! I was going to call it an early night but he decided have have one of his tantrums where he screams until he makes himself throw up (he's good for that) and now my sheets are in the wash and my extra one was on the bed where he threw up!!.. How convenient!
    Anonymous

• I am sending you E hugs right now mama... no advice as my son was the same way and he just turned 2 in Nov so it truly was not that long ago I was going through this same thing.. I can't tell you how much I relate with you.. you can vent to me anytime... but sometimes errands helped. baths, I don't know... my son has been hard since day #4 so some days I just wait for beditme, although lately its been so much more fun. although I hear him on the monitor laughing at me now as I sit down ready to relax.. as if he'd let me do that one whole night..haha!! I knwo I will be laying next to him in 2 hours. ugh
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Have you tried clove oil mixed with a bit of olive oil? Tastes terrible, but numbs the entire mouth...
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 10:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Are you sure he doesn't have an ear infection along with the teething? That doesn't sound like teething alone to me. If he's that bad, take him in for a once-over to make sure he's not sick and you're not seeing it due to the "teething".
    Anonymous

• Try warming up his milk, the warmth can be soothing. Also at Wal-mart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. they have teething tablets that work miracles! They are safe and all natural. Good luck, hopefully someone's advice will help you!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:30 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• WELL MY MOM WOULD GIVE MY KIDS GREEN ONIONS TO CHEW ON. SHE SAYS THAT THE FLAVOR OF THE ONION NUMBS THERE GUMS, IT MIGHT SOUND WIERD BUT MY KIDS LOVED TO CHEW ON THOSE GREEN ONIONS. SO I THINK ITS WORTH A SHOT. HOPE IT HELPS. :)
    CHERRY78

Answer by CHERRY78 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 20, 2010