Anyone have a baby at 34 weeks?

Ok heres the thing. Im so tired of being pregnant, im 34 weeks and im leaking. no contractions. Not consistant anyway. But im ready to have her NOW. I was wondering if she will be ok if i do the old wives tales?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i was induced at 35 weeks n she was fine....but thats not ALWAYS the case. but there is a good chance
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• i had my middle at 34 weeks due to decreased fetal heartrate. she had some breathing problems was on oxygen for 2 days but she was fine never would know by looking at her now
    shaynaj

Answer by shaynaj at 10:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I had one at 35 wks & she spent a week in the ICU with breathing difficulties & feeding problems. After she came home she still had feeding problems & horrible reflux. It was so hard having to go up to that hospital twice a day & not be able to bring her home with me. She was 5 lb. 7 oz but lost weight & when we brought her home she was 5 lb. I wouldn't wish having an early baby on anyone.
    Anonymous

• I had my baby at 35 weeks and he spent 18 days in the nicu. Sure, he is 3 years old now and perfectly healthy but I would NEVER want to go through that beginning again! Your baby will come when it is time for her to come. Don't rush it.
    Anonymous

• I also had one of my babies around 35 weeks , and we also spent a week in the nicu , i wouldnt wish that on anybody , it is hard on the whole family. I agree , she will come when she is ready , it is not worth the risk . I promise you will make it , and everything will be alright. God bless
    corey229

Answer by corey229 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• leaking? you need to go to l & d.

Second, there is a reason babies stay in utero for around 40 weeks. They need every day in the womb they can get. You are tired of being pregnant:? So am I. But if you have a baby now, chances are, you will not be bringing him or her home in a few days. It happens, but it is a long shot. You will be discharged WITHOUT your baby and will have to watch your baby being tube fed and intubated.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• And are you aware that even at 34 weeks, a baby's brain is not as mature and developed as a full term baby? Do you really think it is worth it ?
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Look at this: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122999215427128537.html

Keep that baby in, momma. It would be better to stay pregnant than deal with the NICU and an unhealthy preemie because you were tired of waiting.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 1:21 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If your amniotic sag has ruptured you need to go to L&D. They will administer some fluids to keep the baby in water while also giving your steriods to help the baby's lungs develop. They will probably also run a course of antibiotics to prevent and clear up any infection.

If your waters have NOT ruptured...DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT try to put yourself in labor. Your baby is not term until 37 weeks!

My God...Is it to much to ask to give your baby the best chance at survival and at a healthy life?

I swear this "ME ME ME" world we live in is getting OUT OF CONTROL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I had my ds at 34 weeks. He was perfect. No breathing problems everything was fine. The only thing that he had was jaundice. We were both able to come home from the hospital after 2 days. But every case is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Feb. 20, 2010