smelly hair

My hair smells like dandruff all the time i dont get it i use tea tree shampoo like 3 days a week and the other days i use aussie shampoo and once my hair drys it smells it is so nasty any recommendation? I feel like other ppl smell it also and i shower everday sometimes everyotehr days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• You're drying your scalp out, which means it's going into overdrive with it's natural oil production. Use the tea tree oil once a week, and use the Aussie every other day. Don't wash it every day and it won't dry out so bad, thus won't smell. ALSO, if you're washing at night, and smelling it during the day, try washing in the morning. Dandruff doesn't smell, it's the smell of over-dry over-worked scalp, mixed with sleep - my hair smells like oily skin the morning after I wash. Change your pillowcase every few days also.
    Anonymous

• try another shampo
    Anonymous

• Come again? Your hair smells like dandruff? I didn't really know that dandruff had a fragrance. If you mean that your scalp smells sweaty (which is the only thing I can get from your statement), then I would recommend trying something different. Pureology makes a fantastic drandruff shampoo, also the Redken line contains a great dandruff shampoo. Check them out!!
    Anonymous