Here's your mother of the year award, bitch!!

What is the least helpful and most hurtful "advice" you have been given on this site.
A while back someone told me to give my child up for adoption because I was dealing with a 4 month old, my senior year of college and a ton of housework. I was overwhelmed...
Today I was told that because I was curious of how to encourage my 2 1/2 year old to play by myself that a 2 year old should never play by themselves and I should stop surfing the web (I posted the question during his naptime).

I don't know if some "advice" that women give are meant to be helpful and come off as hurtful, or if some women are really just super self righteous. Either way, what is the worst thing someone has ever written to you as a response on this site.

And if you want to go on about how asking a question is opening yourself up for all advice and that I need to learn how to take criticism, don't even bother posting... I don't want to hear it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Someone told me that because I was angry at some of the women on here for bashing another girl because she used CIO that I must treat my son horrible.

Didn't quite get the connection with that one :|
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 10:56 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Gosh, I've had a lot of hurtful things said to me, but i can't really remember them all. I don't really feel bad when people say mean things because I don't them and they are not really a part of my life. It's text words in a box really. Everyone has their opinions I guess. Some people are just mean!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• yeah i hate rude answers! someone just posted something rude to the person who accidentally misspelled "inflammation" in the post before yours! if you dont have something nice to say then you shouldnt say anything at all. i once posted about how men need a site like cafemom .... and someone posted "why is your boyfriend jealous he cant play?". i tought that was really rude bc 1)im married and my husband doesnt care about this stuff and 2) my post was in regards to my brother who is raising his children on his own.
    Anonymous

• Lol wahm! Really? That is terrible. I totally did CIO. Anyway, OP: sorry you've gotten horrible advice. Keep in mind people here have different levels of experience, upbringing and education and you're basically putting it out there to complete strangers. When you cast a wide net, you get some losers who pretend they have a right to be rude, indignant and disrespectful. In fact, they do have a right in a public forum but it's nice to know you'd never want their advice or friendship once they show their true colors.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:01 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• lol!! .. I know, I joined this site because I thought WOW.. great.. mom's to help other moms.. I mean, I knew my SIL was a raving bitch but didn't realize the world was full of women just like her..lol!! but on the bright side... I have met some AMAZING friends on here and now just view for sport..lol!! Its ok.. I don't have a child that plays by himself either and mom's that have kids what always do will never understand what you mean. yeah, I love him, I want to play with him but .... being this child I birthed is a mini daddy, the kid doesn't sleep either which leaves me with like, ZERO alone time.. so I get needing it!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• op here- I don't usually take the advice seriously... sometimes I get good ideas, mostly this site is just for entertainment and for me to give advice (If i feel i might have something helpful to put out there). I'm 38 weeks preg, super emotional, and cranky in general. i was just hoping to read some outlandish advice given to other women on here:)
    Anonymous

• Honestly I don't pay attention to the idiots that respond to questions or posts with their zealous opinionated garbage. Luckily for me I am quite adept at sifting out the stuff I want to read from the other crap!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I asked once if my mom was right that my 18 month old couldn't be trusted by herself while I took a 5 minute (literally) shower by myself once a week. Someone told me I was going to come out and find she had hanged herself. I still don't buy that all those women never leave their toddlers alone EVER for a few minutes.

What's worse than the nasty women on here is that the moderators and admins are just as bad. I saw a post in one of my groups where the mod witha few members were tearing this woman APART because she types funny when she was asking a question because she was worried about miscarrying. When I pointed it out she reported me (and yeah, I got nasty). If you don't see me around that's why lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• What's CIO? I'm sure nasty things have been said to me. OHHH. About my dog. I said I was washing his mouth out with soap because he kept getting into the trash. A little bit of soap. The chemical free kind. But I'm an animal abuser, among other things. Whatever. I think they said something about how I must treat my kids as well. IDK. You gotta wonder how they treat their families, with how nasty they are on here. And as for how long people are on here, there are times I am on and off for a few hours. I'm sure others do that. Or stay on, but go off and do other things and come back to post. IDK what crawls up peoples asses.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• There are people on here who stand on their soap box as though they have no flaws. They want to lash out at someone out of their own insecurities, doubts, and flaws. They're not trying to be helpful, they're trying to bang their chest as though they have something to prove. They don't.

I haven't asked much on here, so I can't really say that I've gotten anything horrible.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:57 PM on Feb. 19, 2010