Labor Onset?? Maybe???

I have been having repetitive tightening for the last hour. There is slight pain with some of the tightening in my vaginal area. the "contractions" do not last for very long (20 seconds at most)
I am 37 1/2 weeks preg with my second... my first labor was fast and furious (my water broke and the fun began) so I am not too sure as to how early labor feels.

I would normally feel relaxed and know that labor will continue regardless of any questions I ask or if I go into the dr, but tonight my husband is out drinking. We don't have any family in the area and none of our friends have kids (FRiday night=party time for our friends)...
Do you think this could be the onset of labor... or just gas, general discomfort, etc... Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How close are the contractions?
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:14 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• If they are a set time apart, say every 10 minutes, then it may very well be. If it is at random times, say 5 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 3 minutes, I would not worry.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 11:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• they are pretty much continuous- waves lasting 20 seconds with 15-20 second breaks between them. They are tight- but nothing like the "active labor" i remember with my son but, those started after my water broke...
    Anonymous

• I would get to the hospital asap.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Yeah I would either go to the hospital or call the dr.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:27 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• They sound a bit close together for contractions, but definitely call your doctor and see what he/she thinks. Good luck! Make sure you update!
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 12:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2010