How can I pull myself together without strangling my MIL?

Ok, can never type enough here so meat and potatoes: My MIL asked me to move to help her get her business started. Well, I left my home, my job, pulled my son out of school and drug DH along. I started a job day after I got here. She never did anything with her business and I even got her 5 accounts ready to order from her. Now just 2months later...she is kicking us out! HELLO, don't have the money to do that, we live in your house and now that your husband has more money coming in you just use me. Oh and hello, I have a 5 year old. Then to top it off, she tells other family members that we lay up in her house, eat food and don't replace it, and don't pay anything. Um, I paid her money, lent her money because she couldn't cover HER rent and have bought over a months worth of groceries. Remember, I am working ft. Oh and I pay for her gas...Want to wring her neck out. SO, should I just do this business and tell her to shove it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would sooo tell her to piss off in politer terms of course. I would also move asap. not a good situation to be living in.

hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 11:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• That is unreal. People including family can be so selfish. I would sit her butt down and lay it all out in a way that she understands what you've given up and what you've done for her and that you cannot just pull out. Then tell her that her bitching shows a total lack of gratitude on her part and none of you would be in this mess if it weren't for her. Then KICK her in the head! Oh, wait, you cannot do that but you can certainly fantasize about it! Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Get your shit together and get out of that woman's house. She is obviously not all there. What does your DH say about all of this with his mother??
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• meat and potatoes? Hmmmm. Okay, well moving out would be a good start. The only thing you can do is try to venture out on your own and be all the wiser next time she has some kind of hairbrained scheme.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:20 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Moving out is the only option here, but I would also call a family meeting, and lay it all on the line, that you guys have more than held up your end of the bargain, these are your reasons for moving on and taking the business with you, and that any more accusations from her need to be put to you so you can answer them honestly.
    Or you just move on, cut your ties and learn the lesson, she sounds like a frootloop... surely this is not "out of the blue" behaviour
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Where is your husband in all of this mess? He needs to tell her to stop it, stop it now, and he needs to sort all of this out with HIS family.

As for the short-term? Get away from her, now. NOW.

And remember this behavior - take a video, update your journal, whatever it takes. Do not get fool again by this woman (and like a previous poster, I doubt this is the first time).
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• You are all right! There is something wrong with this woman. See, the thing is, all this started to unravel by others telling us and then everything unfolded. and wouldn't you know, she just happened to leave outta town the next day and just got back tonight! As far as DH goes...he has been quiet for the past 4 days while she has been gone...GET THIS SHIT...she gave him up for adoption, she has only begun to really see him and have a relationship with in the past several years(he is 42) The saddest thing I have had to hear him say was "She's not my Mother". Yes he is taking care of this. As soon as she decides to come out of her room. I WILL NEVER HELP HER NOR DO I HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY TO THAT WOMAN...I WILL KICK HER ASS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2010