Have you seen a spirit or ghost? If so, where?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• yes, i was 14 and my dad took his own life in our house, i was sleeping one night and i got woken up and i dont know what did it, i sat up and saw my dad standing in my door way, (he use to come in and check on us when he got home) then he walked away i got up to follow but he was gone, then i started seeing him more often around the house at night my brother saw him a few times also. then my mom called some lady about it and she came to the house and i never saw him again. i wish she never called that lady because i miss seeing him around kno what i mean...
    Anonymous

• I was 16. I'll never fully know if what I saw was real or just in my head.. but I heard someone call my name, and turned around.. I thought I saw my boyfriend go into the bed room, so I followed, but no one was there. I went into the living room and asked why he called my name and what he did in the bed room, and he said he never said anything, or even got up. REALLY freaked me out, especially since it was soon after my father passed away. I'd like to think that I saw my father.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:25 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• Oh yes, I do see shadows all the time and hear unexplained noises. It doesn't bother me, I usually just say "make yourself at home". I don't mind sharing the space with spirits.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2010

• I have a "sensitivity" for this type of thing, while I have never seen a spirit I have seen a number of ghosts. I have always been able to see them, not all of them, but many of them... Usually I will see them in reflections in mirrors or windows, but have seen them simply passing by me or even "standing" in another part of the room. When I was a child my mother would tell me that they weren't there or that I was imagining them... Well, I never stopped seeing them and without doubt they are really there, so I guess she was wrong. I have honestly never lived in a house where I haven't seen one. In fact I have never even lived in a house where others hadn't see them... My area is very old and very "active" For someone like me, there isn't any way to avoid seeing them.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:14 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• In EVERY home I've lived in since I was 5. It's not the houses that are haunted but ME. I am able to pick up on energy where others in the home are not.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:59 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• Yes I have.. Last week in my living room was the latest time she showed up. My daughter and I were playing around in the living room and my daughter (she's 2) pointed and said, "who dat". She does this every time someone pulls into the driveway, and I assumed she was pointed at the window because the neighbors got home.. (I was looking at the front windows and didn't see anyone pull into our driveway).. But she kept insisting and says, "no mommy, who dat".. so I turned to look where she was pointing and there was a figure in the corner of the room. Within seconds it was gone. It startled me because I've never had experiences with the paranormal in that area of the house. It never scares me, just startling when you are expecting it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:02 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• aren't*
    xxhazeldovexx

• There have been other places I've lived or visited that I've had experiences in as well..that one just happened to be the most recent.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:04 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• This question gets asked a LOT. I wonder if it's the same person? No. I haven't seen anything like that. I don't believe in it. I think it's a psychology thing, not an actual experience.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I'm the OP and amber, you're a young soul, which is why you don't see anything. Good luck with that.
    Ladies, many good answers, hard to pick one. Glad you've seen some great stuff, keep your minds open.
    Anonymous