what would u do if your best friend tould u...

that when her son was born she would stick her boob in his mouth to calm him down? oh and maybe i sjould mention that she didn't/doesn't breast feed? and she admitted that she still does it to this day, and he is now 3. now if she was breastfeeding this wouldn't freak me out because it would be nourishing her son but she didn't/ doesn't breastfeed so i don't understand why she would stick her breast into her 3 yr old sons mouth (or even when he was a few months old for that matter)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• i meant to say told lol not tould
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• That doesn't sound quite right to me.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I would think if that worked for her and he wasn't trying to get away then it's none of my business. Babies suck for comfort as well as nourishment. Why judge on something as insignificant as a mother comforting by the breast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I would be creeped out. This is weird. My son is 2 1/2 and crawls into bed with my husband and I in the middle of the night. Sometimes he brushes up against my breasts (while he is sleeping and I am awake- it is soo akward and uncomfortable) and I get creeped out. Even though I know it isn't anything he is doing on purpose. I could not imagine putting a sensual part of my body into my pre-schoolers mouth to calm him down.
    I don't know what I would say to her, but I woudl have to say something. I don't know if I could be her friend anymore. Seriously.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• For a baby and not be breast feeding, I'd say it was a bit different. But for a three year old? That's just too weird for words.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• If it is comforting her son then maybe in some odd strange way there isnt anything wrong with it, but she should definitely find a different way of comforting. He's not going to be able to do that when he starts school, so she needs to break the habit now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• So her Boob is a glorified pacifier! big deal. as too him being three that is a bit strange to still do that.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• OP here- I breastfeed so I have no problems against breastfeeding or comforting a child with the breast WHEN U ARE A BREASTFEEDING MOTHER but when u arent then i think that is odd I'm sorry and yeah he is starting preschool next week and i dont think she has any plans to stop- now what happens when this boy is scared at school or sleep but cant get to sleep and he tries to pull down someones shirt?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• So she's using her nipple as a pacifier? Man that ain't right at ALL.....yuck
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:17 AM on Feb. 20, 2010

• I nursed my baby until she could unbutton my blouse and say "p'ease" at about 2 1/2. Then I told her she had drunk it all and we switched to cups (I still can't believe she bought that). I guess a psychologist would say she is really wreaking havoc with the separation and indivuation stage of her child's life by letting him continue to suck on her breast without initially nursing or even with her nursing. Child protective services might call it a form of child abuse (I kid you not- I was a lawyer in that area for years), but there is nothing you can or probably should do. If it creeps you out, find another friend. I think it would "creep" me out too, but I'm not sure why.
    empatheticnana

Answer by empatheticnana at 1:51 AM on Feb. 20, 2010